JavaTM 2 Platform Std. Ed. v1.4.2
- All Superinterfaces:
- All Known Subinterfaces:
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- AWTEventMulticaster, BasicButtonListener, BasicInternalFrameUI.GlassPaneDispatcher, BasicListUI.MouseInputHandler, BasicMenuItemUI.MouseInputHandler, BasicMenuUI.MouseInputHandler, BasicTableHeaderUI.MouseInputHandler, BasicTableUI.MouseInputHandler, BasicToolBarUI.DockingListener, BasicTreeUI.MouseInputHandler, DefaultCaret, MouseAdapter, MouseDragGestureRecognizer, MouseInputAdapter
- public interface MouseListener
- extends EventListener
The listener interface for receiving "interesting" mouse events
(press, release, click, enter, and exit) on a component.
(To track mouse moves and mouse drags, use the
The class that is interested in processing a mouse event
either implements this interface (and all the methods it
contains) or extends the abstract
(overriding only the methods of interest).
The listener object created from that class is then registered with a
component using the component's
method. A mouse event is generated when the mouse is pressed, released
clicked (pressed and released). A mouse event is also generated when
the mouse cursor enters or leaves a component. When a mouse event
occurs, the relevant method in the listener object is invoked, and
MouseEvent is passed to it.
- See Also:
Tutorial: Writing a Mouse Listener,
Reference: The Java Class Libraries (update file)
public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e)
- Invoked when the mouse button has been clicked (pressed
and released) on a component.
public void mousePressed(MouseEvent e)
- Invoked when a mouse button has been pressed on a component.
public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent e)
- Invoked when a mouse button has been released on a component.
public void mouseEntered(MouseEvent e)
- Invoked when the mouse enters a component.
public void mouseExited(MouseEvent e)
- Invoked when the mouse exits a component.
Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved