JavaTM 2 Platform Std. Ed. v1.4.2
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- JMenu, JMenuBar, JMenuItem, JPopupMenu
- public interface MenuElement
Any component that can be placed into a menu should implement this interface.
This interface is used by MenuSelection to handle selection and navigation in
public void processMouseEvent(MouseEvent event,
- Process a mouse event. event is a MouseEvent with source being the receiving element's component.
path is the path of the receiving element in the menu
hierarchy including the receiving element itself.
manager is the MenuSelectionManager for the menu hierarchy.
This method should process the MouseEvent and change the menu selection if necessary
by using MenuSelectionManager's API
Note: you do not have to forward the event to sub-components. This is done automatically
by the MenuSelectionManager
public void processKeyEvent(KeyEvent event,
- Process a key event.
public void menuSelectionChanged(boolean isIncluded)
- Call by the MenuSelection when the MenuElement is added or remove from
the menu selection.
public MenuElement getSubElements()
- This method should return an array containing the sub-elements for the receiving menu element
- an array of MenuElements
public Component getComponent()
- This method should return the java.awt.Component used to paint the receiving element.
The returned component will be used to convert events and detect if an event is inside
a MenuElement's component.
- the Component value
Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved