JavaTM 2 Platform Std. Ed. v1.4.2
- All Implemented Interfaces:
- Action, ActionListener, Cloneable, EventListener, Serializable
- Direct Known Subclasses:
- DefaultEditorKit.BeepAction, DefaultEditorKit.CopyAction, DefaultEditorKit.CutAction, DefaultEditorKit.DefaultKeyTypedAction, DefaultEditorKit.InsertBreakAction, DefaultEditorKit.InsertContentAction, DefaultEditorKit.InsertTabAction, DefaultEditorKit.PasteAction, StyledEditorKit.StyledTextAction
- public abstract class TextAction
- extends AbstractAction
An Action implementation useful for key bindings that are
shared across a number of different text components. Because
the action is shared, it must have a way of getting it's
target to act upon. This class provides support to try and
find a text component to operate on. The preferred way of
getting the component to act upon is through the ActionEvent
that is received. If the Object returned by getSource can
be narrowed to a text component, it will be used. If the
action event is null or can't be narrowed, the last focused
text component is tried. This is determined by being
used in conjunction with a JTextController which
arranges to share that information with a TextAction.
Serialized objects of this class will not be compatible with
future Swing releases. The current serialization support is
appropriate for short term storage or RMI between applications running
the same version of Swing. As of 1.4, support for long term storage
of all JavaBeansTM
has been added to the
public TextAction(String name)
- Creates a new JTextAction object.
name - the name of the action
protected final JTextComponent getTextComponent(ActionEvent e)
- Determines the component to use for the action.
This if fetched from the source of the ActionEvent
if it's not null and can be narrowed. Otherwise,
the last focused component is used.
e - the ActionEvent
- the component
public static final Action augmentList(Action list1,
- Takes one list of
commands and augments it with another list
of commands. The second list is considered
to be higher priority than the first list
and commands with the same name will both lists
will only have the dominate command found in the
second list in the returned list.
list1 - the first list, may be empty but not null
list2 - the second list, may be empty but not null
- the augmented list
protected final JTextComponent getFocusedComponent()
- Fetches the text component that currently has focus.
This allows actions to be shared across text components
which is useful for key-bindings where a large set of
actions are defined, but generally used the same way
across many different components.
- the component
Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved