JavaTM 2 Platform Std. Ed. v1.6.0
- All Implemented Interfaces:
- InvokeHandler, ServantLocatorOperations, ServantManagerOperations
public abstract class ServantLocatorPOA
- extends Servant
- implements ServantLocatorOperations, InvokeHandler
When the POA has the NON_RETAIN policy it uses servant
managers that are ServantLocators. Because the POA
knows that the servant returned by this servant
manager will be used only for a single request,
it can supply extra information to the servant
manager's operations and the servant manager's pair
of operations may be able to cooperate to do
something different than a ServantActivator.
When the POA uses the ServantLocator interface,
immediately after performing the operation invocation
on the servant returned by preinvoke, the POA will
invoke postinvoke on the servant manager, passing the
ObjectId value and the Servant value as parameters
(among others). This feature may be used to force
every request for objects associated with a POA to
be mediated by the servant manager.
|Methods inherited from class org.omg.PortableServer.Servant
_default_POA, _get_delegate, _get_interface_def, _is_a, _non_existent, _object_id, _orb, _poa, _set_delegate, _this_object, _this_object
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public OutputStream _invoke(String $method,
- Description copied from interface:
- Invoked by the ORB to dispatch a request to the servant.
ORB passes the method name, an InputStream containing the
marshalled arguments, and a ResponseHandler which the servant
uses to construct a proper reply.
Only CORBA SystemException may be thrown by this method.
The method must return an OutputStream created by the
ResponseHandler which contains the marshalled reply.
A servant must not retain a reference to the ResponseHandler
beyond the lifetime of a method invocation.
Servant behaviour is defined as follows:
1. Determine correct method, and unmarshal parameters from
2. Invoke method implementation.
3. If no user exception, create a normal reply using
4. If user exception occurred, create exception reply using
5. Marshal reply into OutputStream returned by
6. Return OutputStream to ORB.
- Specified by:
_invoke in interface
$method - The method name.
in - The
InputStream containing the marshalled arguments.
$rh - The
ResponseHandler which the servant uses
to construct a proper reply
OutputStream created by the
ResponseHandler which contains the marshalled reply
public String _all_interfaces(POA poa,
- Description copied from class:
- Used by the ORB to obtain complete type
information from the servant.
- Specified by:
_all_interfaces in class
poa - POA with which the servant is associated.
objectId - is the id corresponding to the object
associated with this servant.
- list of type information for the object.
public ServantLocator _this()
public ServantLocator _this(ORB orb)
Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved